Heath Ledger 1979-2008
“I am shocked and very saddened by the news. I deeply respect Heath’s work and always admired his continuing development as an artist. My thoughts are with his family and close friends.”
-Cate Blanchett
"This is such a sad event. I admired Heath enormously. He was such a sensitive and committed and daring actor. This is truly a tragedy."
-Geoffrey Rush
"Heath was one of the greatest actors of his generation and was far from being a victim of the fame machine. Heath was an intensely private but intensely loving human being – a complex mixture of shyness and gregariousness. He was a young man with an incalculable number of great performances waiting to be created."
-Neil Armford, who directed Ledger in "Candy"
"I am just beyond sad at this point and shocked. I was on my way over to pay him a visit when I found out. I had just left him a message and heard his voice on the machine. He was such a special and genuine person, so extraordinarily talented because he was so raw and honest with his feelings. He was so full of life, so electric.... This is immensely sad."
-Model Helena Christensen, (dated Heath earlier this year)
"I had such great hope for him. He was just taking off and to lose his life at such a young age is a tragic loss. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family."
-Mel Gibson
"What a tragedy. My heart goes out to his family."
-Nicole Kidman
"It is tragic that we have lost one of our nation's finest actors in the prime of his life."
-Australia's prime minister, Kevin Rudd
"Heath Ledger was a courageous actor, and a great soul. He gave us the gift of sharing his fearless and beautiful love -- of his craft, and of all who worked with him -- for which all of us will be eternally grateful."
-James Schamus, CEO of Focus Features and producer of "Brokeback Mountain"
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
STARS SPEAK OUT ABOUT TRAGIC LOSS
TAGS:
Heath Ledger
POSTED:
9:10 AM
PREVIOUS PAGE