Friday, August 3, 2007

LINDSAY LOHAN INTERVIEW

CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE
UPDATED:
ELLE MAGAZINE: September 2007 Issue

Lindsay Lohan sat down with ELLE Magazine back in May, prior to Lindsay's first DUI.

On Her Support System: “Jenni (her main assistant), my mom and Leslie (her publicist).”

On Saying She Won't Do Something: “You’re setting yourself up for a disaster. I never say never.”

On The Paparazzi:
“They’re looking for me, to like trip, so they can be like, ‘Oh Lindsay’s wasted and driving drunk.’ And that’s not it. I wouldn’t violate … I’m much more responsible than that.”

On Her First Stint In Rehab:
“I was growing up and going out a lot, and I needed to have a balance. I was glad I went, because I needed to get away from everyone and I didn’t know how to do that. And I learned a lot there. A bunch of my friends – I was with them last night – they’re in AA for, like, years.”

On Calum Best:
“I like him. He’s me in male form. We’re very similar. Stubborn, rebellious, very smart, coy, a little bit narcissistic – I think all actors have a little bit of that, and so they should. We’ll be kidding around, like the other day when we were in the Bahamas … I was walking by some mirror. And he caught me looking in the mirror and he goes, ‘I caught that!’ I was like, ‘Damn, I look good!’

On New Roles:
“There’s this Walter Salles film I really want to do. It’s called On the Road. It has the vibe of that movie The Dreamers […] I want to work with Walter Salles so bad. I had to audition for him. It was the first audition I’ve had since Freaky Friday.”

On How Her Private Life Is Publicized:
“I feel like the asshole, the idiot, because I feel like I’m distracting from the other things that are important, like global warming and that kind of stuff. I genuinely mean that. And I don’t know what to do.”

On People Who Say She Enjoys Attention:
“I hate it, like, when these people say, ‘Well, why do you go to the Ivy if you don’t want …’ Seriously, I like their food! I can’t go to a restaurant? I know I’m going to get pictures taken. I’m fine with it. And I’m going to go have their food. People give you shit for it: ‘Don’t go on Robertson!’ What, I can’t drive down the street?”

On Her Crotch Shot:
“It was once, and it was when I was in Venice. And I was rushing through the room, threw the Prada dress on. And that’s what happened. And I didn’t even see the picture. I don’t look at that shit – that’s gross. If I wear a dress I have underwear on.”

On The Articles Worn For The Photo Shoot: “I wanted everything. There was this Cartier watch, and I was like, ‘What do I have to do to get this watch?’ ”

On Her Idols: “Ann-Margret. Marilyn Monroe. … Marilyn exudes sex appeal. She was such an innocent sort. … That was the tragic side of it.”

On Sleeping:
“I have really bad insomnia. My whole life. I get nervous at night going to bed, and being awake alone really freaks me out.”

On Her Goals:
“I just want to be nominated for an award for all the work I’ve done. It’s so funny – people forget that I played two characters in Parent Trap when I was twelve years old.”

On Samantha Ronson:
“If I’m wearing a nude thong, they retouch it. I f—k around on my computer – I know how easy it is. They make my face look swollen. I’m like, ‘Are you that bored?’ I hear things about the night before that never even happened. Like, they said I was dating my best friend – the Samantha Ronson thing. She’s my best friend!"