Friday, August 17, 2007

INTERVIEW: Evan Rachel Wood

Evan Rachel Wood sat down with Nylon Magazine for their September 2007 issue.

The beautiful corrupted teen discusses her plans to possibly break into the music industry, along with every other actress and their mother at this time.

On Her Music Career: “I’d love to make an album but I’ve just never met people who didn’t want to turn me into some pop diva.”

On Singing Karaoke: “We actually just went karaoking in New York. And you haven’t karaoked until you’ve karaoked with me. Everyone’s like, ‘Aw, no, I don’t wanna go.’ So they drag their feet, but the second they get there… [she smiles] So Manson and I sang ‘Don’t Stop Believin’ and ‘Born to Run.’ But in the middle of the night, I looked at him and said, ‘I’m gonna sing one of your songs.’ And I was just threatening as a joke, but then I saw ‘Lunchbox’ in the karaoke book. I don’t think he thought I knew the song… so I went up and just screamed it and sat it, sat back down, and he looked at me and said, ‘I’m so in love with you. You have no idea.’ It was really awesome.”

On Manson As Her Musical Inspiration: “We really inspired each other. I’ve been kind of shy about anything I did on my own, what I wrote or any songs that I made. I never let anybody read them or hear them, but he’s definitely made me feel comfortable enough to come out of my shell. I’ve been writing, getting really into photography now. Because Manson is just really encouraging in every way, it really makes you want to get up and go, and now we each have a partner in crime.”